<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, April 02, 2004


glisten globally: week three

Tonight's mix bag song selection somehow matches my mood: inscrutable, joyous, energetic, angry, deeply sad, hopeful, guarded, trembling, difficult, terrified, pregantpaused, open, exultant.

A little taste of the conflicted emotional salmagundi that be me just lately.

I spent part of my day at a public mental health clinic where an overweight woman in ill-fitting clothes and a badly broken out face informed me that the handful of pipecleaners/ribbon/glue/buttons she had grasped in her pudgy lil' hands was an easter bunny that she made "all by herself". And I was there asking for help from HER counsellor, so the deep end has been very much in bloodshoteyed sight.

Mind you I WAS in the wrong office, but I didn't know that at the time.

As for what I was doing there in the first place: seeing the pictures of the burnt corpses being strung up by laughing men in the paper yesterday morning made me start crying and I had a hard time stopping.

Anyway. There's more, but I'm sharing too much. You're here for the music.

Let me know what you think; comments mean a lot; you know the drill.

=================================================================

Sibeba - "Sibeba"

Extra sensory acapella.

Purchase "Hijas del Sol" from Amazon
-
Sibeba Bio

=================================================================

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan - "Haq Ali Ali Haq"

Like watching a thunderstorm roll by.

Purchase Nusrat's Greatest Hits Album from Amazon
-
Nusrat's web home
-
Lots of music samples.
-
A tribute page

=================================================================

Geinoh Yamashirogumi - "Doll's Polyphony"

This is the sequence in the movie where the milkbleeding teddybear hallucinations come for Tetsuo.

Review of the "Akira" soundtrack
-
The official Yamashirogumi site, in Japanese
-
Purchase the "Akira" soundtrack from Amazon
-
More about "Akira"

=================================================================

Do any of my New York readers (that I haven't personally talked to in the last week) want to drop me a line at the email listed up top right? I'd like to ruminate on a few topics.

Maybe a weekend update. I have one more mix bag before I go into the Prince week.