<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, April 25, 2004

glisten: oneaday

I'm away from my desk right now, so if you'll leave a message after the beep; I'll get back to you.

=================================================================

Jimmy Dean - "Big Bad John"

This 'un here's a favorite from childhood. Jimmy Dean's goodol'boy growl is the perfect narration for this manly tale of masculine male manliness. Just the sorta hair-on-your-chest tune you'd expect from a once and future sausage king.

The little acapella coda has been raising the hair on the back of my neck for well over twenty years now; don't imagine it's gonna stop now.

"At the bottom o' this mine lies ONE HELLUVA MAN. Big. John."

Buy "Jimmy Dean's Greatest Hits" from Amazon. With that golden classic, " I Won't Go Huntin' With You Jake (But I'll Go Chasin' Wimmin)". Seriously.
-
"Mastered song and sausages."
"You know, I might have been the first rapper."
Uh. No.
-
What Gets YOU going Jimmy Dean?
Starring Gem Sweater Be Thy Name!
-
"I can show you a place in "Big Bad John" that's just pitiful."
Coulda fooled ME, pal.