<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, July 05, 2004

anywhere he wants to
glisten: ookity ook

For those that don't know, my home away from home on the web is monkeyfilter: the kinder, gentler Meta. It's where I post offbeat links and just generally indulge in silliness that I wouldn't saddle my own blog with.

In honor of MoFi, I'm gonna put the spider tracks on hold for awhile and do a week of monkey songs. I was gonna make a mix CD when I realized that I just felt like throwing this up, so here we are.

The spider CD is very much forthcoming; I just need to get that last review in the mail and do some link research. In the meantime, dig the monkeyshines!

=================================================================

Jimmy Edwards and Dick Bentley - "Little Red Monkey"

Now is this catchy or is this catchy? It'll make you jumpy, get you acting so fidgety.

You know... for kids!

Check the animation!
-
But where did this come from?
-
The red monkey gallery

=================================================================

Redman - "Let da Monkey Out"

Not my favorite track off this album, but a definite high point.

I like Red best when he's in storytelling mode, but there's no doubt that the guy is a fun listen in any circumstances.

Buy "Doc's Da Name 2000"
Really, a fun album.
For better or worse, broke Red into the mainstream with "Bee Dat".
-
Redman's home on the web
-
Fox TV’s Method Man and Red Show: Hip Hop Minstrelsy
The New Yorker wasn't so hard on it, but I can only imagine this is pretty weak. They can't do pot jokes on network, right? So what the hell can they be talking about?

=================================================================

Major Lance - "The Monkey Time"

I feel like I might have posted this once before? Oh well, it merits a second listening.

Get "The Very Best of Major Lance" from Amazon
-
A bio with a bonus RA track
-
Okeh Discography

=================================================================

AmIEvil - "Monkey Island (AmIEvil OCReMix)

The Monkey Island series was my high school addiction. They don't make em' like that anymore.

Overclocked ReMix is THE place for video game remixes.
-
Loads of Monkey Island MP3s
-
ooooo... original MIDI tracks!
Nostalgia out th' wazoo!

=================================================================


spiffy

The idea for doing a week of monkey posts occurred while I was listening to the GREAT new release from Goodie Mob "One Monkey Don't Stop No Show".

I highly recommend you drop by Goodie Mob's official page and listen to the three tracks they have posted. I really like what all these guys have been doing solo and I wish Cee-Lo well, but this album suggests they haven't lost a step. It's great lyrically, the flow is badass and the beats are baby buggy bouncy. Go listen and go buy!