<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, February 10, 2005

appalachian apologia
I'm headed off to the wild and wooly world of the deep dark South to spend a little quality time with the folks.

I'll be back in with a VERY LARGE new post on Wednesday, February 15th.

In the meantime, here's a few spiffy to remember me by:

201 Stories By Anton Chekhov looks like a good way to kill a week or twelve.
-
The Red Headed Stranger just told me that Meters are comin' back! Yay!
-
family be fighting, yo.
I hear the rub's point on this one and I kinda agree; there's not really a reason to drop more than two tracks off of the same album, ESPECIALLY when it's pre-release. Then again, there's also no reason to get ugly; but that's the internet for you.

Everybody kisses and makes up in the comments section but I'm glad to see that there's some inter-community (th' rub was an early sharer and one of the places I used to slide by on the daily before I started my own space) discussion of musicblog ethics.

Growing pains mean bigger kids.
-
Usher/Ludacris/Lil' Jon's "Lovers and Friends" is utterly insane.

Spirited discussion, involving me and Miccio, here.
-
Lite Brite Bling
-
Aphex Loops
-
Junior is on another planet.
Check the videos.
-
No sooner had I finished our last mammoth post on video game music than I skated over to one of my daily stops, the phenomenally popular Penny Arcade, to discover that the P.A. boys had JUST put up a post about the phenomenon of SID music... even linking to some of the very same sites that I had! Believe it or not, this is just a case of great minds thinking alike; I had NO idea we'd be overlapping on each other's territory.

In any case, this is as good a time as any to unnecessarily brownnose and note that I, along with every other fanboy on the planet, LOVE to read Jerry Holkins profanity-laced diatribes. They're chocolates with an acid center. And Krahulik's art has only gotten better over the past few years. These guys live up to the hype; any video gamers out there who don't make P.A. a regular part of their M/W/F web diet are missing out on the net's equivalent of must see TV.
-
Livin' In the Grime is an impressive insider's look at Brit hip hop culture told through photographs.
-
A Day In the Life of Miss McDonald.

If loving her is wrong; I don't wanna be right.

Could this be the work of performance artist Nao Bustamante? Stay tuned.
-
Nick Kilroy, aka KRG at gabba passed away last week.

Gabba was and is one of the defining musicblogs on the web and one of the sites that provided major inspiration for me to start the Hut. I knew Nick mostly by reputation over at ILX and on Slsk; he was also on tap for a "Meeting the Neighbors" piece. I'm sad we'll never see it.

Condolences to his family and many friends.

Labels: ,