<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, March 25, 2005

=================================================================

BURNT POPTARTS


FORKSCLOVETOFU SEZ: Anthony Miccio is a poprocka and th' Hut's expert on all things big, radio-friendly and glistening that might otherwise escape our more rockist readers earholes.
Anthony dispenses wisdom and choice bon mots at Anthony is Right.


Queens of the Stone Age - "In My Head"

The Distillers - "Sick of It All"

So I'm listening to Lullabies To Paralyze for the first time and "In My Head" makes itself known as personal highlight the second I hear the same piano-ping pulse from "Go With The Flow," my favorite track from Songs For The Deaf (so aggressively passive!). But that chorus hook comes from somewhere else. What song does it remind me of? Oh yeah, its almost exactly like the climactic chant of "Sick Of It All," the opening track from the Distillers' Sing Sing Death House! Huh, what a funny lift! Could it be intentional? Hey, yeah! He's DATING Brody! Of course he's heard it! Check out his lyrics:

I keep on playin' our favorite song/
I turn it up while you're gone/
It's all i got when you're in my head/
and you're in my head so i need it


This swipe might be some sort of valentine! When you're not here I sing songs that you've written! Awww!!! What a sweetie!

Buy Queens of the Stone Age's "Lullabies to Paralyze" and buy The Distillers' "Sing Sing Death House" from Amazon.
-
Read Playboy's Sex Questionnaire with Josh Homme
He's mum about his relationship, though: "There's enough shit made up right now about Brody and me. I'm not Fred Durst."
-
Dalle is so annoyed by questions about their relationship that she's stopped doing interviews, but here's one from 2002 where drummer Andy Outbreak gives a shout out to QOTSA and Rocket From The Crypt (Brody gives it up for Smokey Robinson).

=================================================================
spiffy

Down South's Hip Hop Interview Archive
Great resource for anyone wanting to learn more about the dirty dirty or crunk music in general.
-
Like our punk videogame asses aren't spending enough money on new consoles (happy psp day!), NOW they want us to pay to play, too?
There's always the web, instead.
-
Elaine Powell don't take no shit.
Polish league player kicks at the Detroit Shock starting point guard; discovers this is not a wise call as Elaine gets RON ARTESSSSSSS.
"Throw a drink at ME, we'll see what happen..."
-
Tom Waits' Twenty Favorite Albums
The man can turn a phrase.
-

Labels: ,