<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 15, 2005


=================================================================
spiffy

Tofu Tuesdays mean a heaping helping of quality linkage culled from the many meanderings of your friendly webcrawling Spider-Ham. Forcing myself to post linkage ONLY twice a week means that some of these have made the rounds already. Funny how a link gets tired in the space of a few days. God help me if I try to post that Batman's Boner or watch it SHRED THIS late in the game, eh?

Anyhoo, here's hoping you'll find a few notes of interest amidst the ephemera. Have at it!

The Motherlode of Transformer commercials.
God, the Japanese Beastwars were SO much better than what we got.
-
Frightening impressionable children to sell chalk pills.
If I saw these guys on the street I'd beat them up, not off.
Kids: Kitten killing will not cause early death. It does, however, make you blind. That part's true. Sorry.

And speaking of chicken choking...
-
Nothing better than eating ugly fish.
-
The New Games Journalism is media code for people FINALLY taking video game creation, execution and business seriously without apologizing for it. Personally, I always though "Bow, Nigger" was a little fatuous but pretty well written; "The Great Scam" and Making Marvel Characters on City of Heroes are also worth your time.

I was also very amused by Greg Costikyan's note on the new 50 Cent videogame.
-
"the movies is where I feel your boobies" AKA Senor Coconut lite
-
Like Father Clinton says: "Let me put my sunglasses on so I can see what they're not looking at".
-
HULK'S DIARY THAT IS ON THE INTERNET
-
Wrong Answer, Grandma.
-
Increasing the too real possibility that we'll see Karaoke DJing in the all-too-near future, meet the DJammer.

Lejo will be waiting for you.
-
Tuwa has been hassling me to tell ya'll about this bookmark saver for Mozilla but since I'm in the process of backing up all my files to reinstall Windows, I don't think it's Firefox that was the problem.
-
Surfing about the Diseases and Parasites of Wildlife in Northern British Columbia Website is some serious "i told U I was hardcore" shit.

For your viewing pleasure (SENSITIVE SOULS AVOID): a rabid skunk with a faceful of porcupine, HALF of a duck head infested with nasal leeches and a mythological hellbird.

Look THAT up in your Uncyclopedia.
-
Speaking of hardcore, how about the art of Professor Gunther von Hagens? His plastinated body art may be "colourful, and it is not smelly" but it has more than a whiff of the freakshow about it.

Personally, I'm sticking to Chicken Mummification.
-
For those of you who've been hankering to show that you're a bright little monkey, may I recommend a Mofi Tee? Or perhaps you want a Banana?
-
Optimists will have a Glorious Day.
-
For some reason, I CAN'T do Twinoo. I can do the math all day, but the color blends simply don't make sense in my eye. Maybe I'm color-blind? Or just unstylish?
-
Hungarian Video Advertising Clips
Almost ALL of them are fascinating; start here and here.
-
Memphis guitar whiz (and my sister's boyfriend) Ron Franklin puts up a rollicking, punkish cover of the Blind Willie McTell joint "Let Me Scoop for You".
-
Giving new meaning to "crotch rocket": Jet Bike goes 146 MPH.
-
The Museum of Comic and Cartoon Art is showing an exhibition of work called Now and Then, pairing a cartoonist's pro work with his/er juvenalia. To wit, here's Tony Millionaire, Peter Kuper, Charles Burns and Gary Baseman.
-
Mac users, would you let me know if Nicecast is the future or just an oasis? Cause that shit looks CORRECT.
-
The Soul Sides Mark Anthony Neal Mixtape is required listening for anyone with even a passing interest in RnB. O-Dub stays killing it.

=================================================================
parting gifts

Step One in the Tofu Hut rebuild is in place; thanks to Ian, the Hut is FINALLY linkable by individual permalink posts. Meaning you can now go back and find all those nuggets of joy (remember Prince Week?) and interviews and link to them. Feel free to explore; we've got a year's worth of continuity to plunder!
-

Labels: